We’ll show you step by step how to open up a film canister and spool your own message inside!
DIY Roundup of Roundups of Fathers Day Gifts:
- 12 ideas from The Crafting Chicks here.
- 25 ideas from Ginger Snap Crafts here (lots of free printables).
- 13 ideas from The Crafting Chicks here.
- 25 ideas from Lil’ Luna here (favorite the Daddyland printable from Disney)
- 7 ideas from The Clumsy Crafter here.
- DIY 101 Handmade Gifts For Men by Everything Etsy here via truebluemeandyou (with a link to another post with lots more suggestions).
- Keep Calm Poster Generator via truebluemeandyou here.
- Generate a “Rock Star Ticket”. Go to www.says-it.com to generate church signs, concert tickets, records, official seals and more. Great for making cards.
- 10 ideas from Play Eat Grow here (favorite - Staw Wars Gift Basket with printables)
Easy DIY Flower Arrangements | Ellinee
Though I can’t afford to get gorgeous, florist arranged flowers delivered to my house every week (sigh. One day…) I occasionally like to buy myself a bunch from the supermarket. But supermarket flowers look so… supermarkety. If that’s not already a word then I claim it. Anyway, I usually try to be a florist and arrange them but they always end up flopping over. This is a fantastic way to arrange your flowers using tape in a criss-cross pattern. This helps them to not only look amazing but to keep them from wilting over the side of the vase, encouraging wily cats to bat at them!
DIY Fishtail Braid Friendship Bracelet. The bracelet in the middle. What’s different about this friendship bracelet? It has incredibly detailed braiding instructions and is easy to follow because of the very different colored threads. Tutorial from Oh So Pretty here.
Re-style Your Router | Anamu
Routers are one of those necessary uglies that usually sit smack bang in the middle of a main room, it’s blinking lights making it even more obvious! Well here is a quick, easy and pretty way to disguise it - simply take the ‘guts’ out of a book and fold it round! Now my router is vertical, so my idea is to wrap the book around it then stack some other books either side and put my book ends either side.
Ombre Tights | BZR
My love for ombre has no bounds, and I love all the tights that BZR has created with this effect. I’m not sure if I could pull off tights under shorts (though that looks super cute right?!) but now that it’s freezing here in Adelaide I’m keen to wear them under all my Summer dresses (I can’t help it, I’m a dress girl through and through!)
DIY Button Bracelet. This also has a button closure. If you can braid, you can do this. Super easy, cheap to make and you can easily customize it. Tutorial from I Spy DIY here.
Roundup Nine DIY Jewelry, Makeup and Fashion Tutorials PART FIVE. Roundup of this past week in case you missed anything. April 29th - May 5, 2012. *For past roundups go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/roundup
- DIY Knockoff Burberry Prorsum Geometric Top (inspiration & realisation) here.
- DIY Cheap Silk Scarf Shirt(Talk2TheTrees) here.
- DIY Tassel Necklace (Blowup Blog!) here. via littlecraziness
- Different Eyeliners Different Looks (The Beauty Department) here.
- DIY No Sew Bathing Suit Cover Up (Wobisobi) here.
- DIY Freezer Paper Stencil Starfish Tank (Ruffles & Stuff) here. via rainbowsandunicornscrafts
- DIY “I Will Find You” Map and Lace Pendant Necklace (Maximum Rabbit Designs) here.
- DIY Gorgeous Yet Easy Lace and Brooch Choker (Trinkets in Bloom) here.
- DIY Braided Bead Bracelet (Pretty Quirky Pants) here.